[Ansteorra-Textiles] updates

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Tue Jun 22 09:13:32 PDT 2004

My wish list is too long to ever get to the bottom of (I keep adding,
too).

I also want a carder.  I have a whole box of fiber that needs doing, and
my hands aren't strong enough for hand carders and combs.

References/photos/whatnot of knitting and knitting tools in Period would
be a real gift.  As would "Patterns".

How-tos for flax processing tools.

A copy of the "Period Plants for Ansteorra" notes from King's College.

Anything at all for cheese-making (which has nothing to do with this
list, but ya gotta try).

Esther - do you have photos, descriptions, whatever of the loom you
want?  I've built a Navajo loom, several beading looms . . . . .

Alienor - It's good to see you!

Clare - I took a class on "Distaff spinning in the hand" at King's
college.  She had a couple of pics of spindles.  I think it was Lady
Willow (not Duchess Willow)who taught it.  If I can find my copy, I'd be
glad to share.

Keep knitting,
Gerita