[Ansteorra-textiles] roll call

KRISTINE KEENEY kristine.keeney at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 17 13:39:56 PST 2004

  Howdy!
  Basically, that's all I did - started with a lacy
pattern and experimented until it looked about right.
I did buy one and lay it out flat to see what the
"professional" had done with her pattern. Seems that
most of the snoods are just variations on a lace or
doily made into a circle with a spot near the top
(bottom?) for running string/ribbon/yarn.
   There are some patterns available on the Web that
proved helpful, even if they weren't exactly what I
was looking for. And the snoods were fun to do - they
come together quickly, can be made in any yarn that
I've tried so far, and are fun to wear!
  I did make some icky odd looking things when I first
got started, but those just went into the scrap bin
and got turned into an afghan later.
  As I don't know how to knit yet, I would assume that
you have the right idea with doing yarn overs and
increases until you get as large as you need.
  Good luck!
  Kris (Cassandra)