[Ansteorra-textiles] Greetings and a quest

Jhan Knebel rixende at mail2noble.com
Thu May 6 18:58:21 PDT 2004

For those that are interested, but not familiar here is a good starting
point for understanding what the Clavi and segmentae are and how they
were placed on the tabard.

http://www.earlyperiod.com/articles/roman_dalmatica/

I have several resources (all online currently) in my website's links
section:

http://maisondelatorche.org/links.php

All resorces are in the Roman Men's clothing and Roman Weaving
categories.

We have not specifically designed which dalmaticas he wants yet, we will
work on that Saturday morning. I do have some overall color combinations
for the outfits that His Highness is looking for:

blue and black with gold accents
black and gold
white with purple accents

I am open to using embroidered and beaded panels as well, as long as we
can document what we do. The garments themselves are relatively easy to
create, so the weaving/beading/embroidery will be what really makes
these outfits shine.

My first concern will be getting his garments done for Coronation, of
course.

In Service,

Rixende