[Ansteorra-textiles] shameless self promotion / shearing

Victoria Owens webadmin at oldcitypark.org
Sun May 16 15:59:02 PDT 2004

>I sheared with this great lady one day - those sheep are real pros, I
>have to say.

*blush*, quit it.

I forgot to tell you all the Gerita and Galen came down and helped me
shear Nell, our best Rambouillet.  I wish I had gotten pictures to share
with you all.  Much fun was had, and a few bruises.  It was great to
meet some people from the list.

Galen popped in the next day for a wee bit and I gave her a quick
spinning lesson and sent her off with fiber and spindle to practice.

I sheared the nastiest sheep yesterday. 2 years worth of growth and so
matted there was often just a cm or so between the skin and the mat
where I could cut.  But I'm glad I did it, those poor things needed some
help, and I am going to be bossy and tell their owner how to better
manage his herd.  I made one ewe so mad she'd head butt me every time I
tried to clip her.  I will get to shear 2 fresh and clean baby llamas
and they are going to humor me and let me see what if anything I can get
of the camel!!

For those who play scrabble or collect trivia - a baby llama is a cria.
To make a camel 'chus' is to make the camel lie down.

Kestral