[Ansteorra-Textiles] has anyone been here

gwenneth at dona.sca.org gwenneth at dona.sca.org
Thu Apr 21 11:15:13 PDT 2005

> I know we have a really good thread/embroidery shop in
> Bryn Gwlad (Ginger's) and Hill Country Weaver's but I
> was unaware of the  one in Georgetown.  ALso Kestral
> sometimes has fiber she seels to benefit  Old City Park.

I think Needleworks, near 38th and Lamar, has a better
selection of embroidery thread than Ginger's.

> Does any of us also sell fibers and such?
>
> What do you all think?

I think it's a great idea.

> CLare

I was recently introduced to The Upstairs Studio in La
Porte.  I came back with two large bags of wool (including
some lovely Jacob) and silk fiber, plus some lightweight
cottom yarn, a good size for tablet weaving.

Gwenneth