[Ansteorra-Textiles] New to SCA making little girl outfit

Tricia Dyer dire_tricia at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 06:20:14 PST 2005

ok so I have already taken the pattern apart so that the over dress is not attached to chemise so just do the same thing for the apron.

  putting it on the ties is not a problem at all..

  and your saying just keep the apron to about to 3/4 to 1/2 way around the front with the smocking lets say the babys hand width  so like 1-1/2 inches  down the front
  white on white so  maybe a simple cable stitch across the front?

  ^^^^^^^
  ^^^^^^^
  ^^^^^^^
  three rows max probably???

  Ok so one other question...

  when I do this should I leave the pleating thread in the back??  or take it out and let the smocking embrodery hold the pleats together???

  Is there any tricks to attaching the ties to keep them from flatening the pleating?

embroidery at penpoint.biz wrote:
  Since children were dressed up like little adults, making a simple small
apron for your child is very appropriate. It should have a simple band of
fabric that ties in back, and a cloth front attached to it. The cloth can
be as short as just below her knees, or as long as her skirts. The
pleatwork was used to control the cloth at the top. When sewn into the
apron strings, it should be between half to ¾ of the front view of the
outfit. The embroidery on the pleats on an adult would be about a full
hand width (scale down width to fit the child), then the balance of the
fabric comes out of the pleats and completely covers the skirt on the
bottom from the front view and even goes around a little on the sides.

If you would like more details, just let me know and I will try and dig
out where to find pictures.

Ever a Servant,

Lady Prudence the Curious