[Ansteorra-Textiles] question

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 23:00:36 PDT 2005

My comments are second hand and I have not had a chance to test it but...I was recently told after a failed linen weaving experiment that I should have kept my fibers wet to give them strength. They were dry and so broke more easily while weaving.  Again, these are untested by me second hand comments...so if someone can verify their accuracy or inaccuracy I would enjoy hearing.

your servant,
mahee

L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:
You might peruse Tanwystal's (sp) archeological sewing article...it might give you ideas.

If you use either wool or linen...make sure that it's strong enough. If it is specifically embroidery/crewel thread...it may not be strong enough. I would also stay away from weft thread...and use warp thread!

To cut down on pilling and fraying of wool thread...use bee's wax or even starch...

Lorraine   DeerSlayer

http://mail.yahoo.com