[Ansteorra-Textiles] What's everybody up to?

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Sun Jun 26 10:15:17 PDT 2005

Hi, Corrinne!

Good to hear from someone - it has been quiet.

Textile-wise, I'm still knitting up all this yarn someone gave me.  It's
all acrylic, so it's going into blankets for my foster Chin to take home
with them.  Nothing too exciting there.

Sewing-wise, I'm in all sorts of trouble!  I have a giornia started for
The Husband; if he'd stand still long enough, I could do the tapes
inside <sigh>.  Have two dresses going for a friend's daughter, still
beading the jacket for another friend, and working on a cloak for yet
another.  And then there's the 10-gore I started with another friend -
man, they're so much easier than I thought they'd be!  What they have to
do with a late 15th Century Venetian, I'm not clear on, but it's fun to
make them anyway.

I got to teach at King's College this year!  Two classes for the
Chirurgeonate, and then a beginners' Knitting class and a beginners'
Sashiko class.  Next time I teach knitting, I want TWO hours.  It's just
too hard to get everyone actually knitting in one.  Sashiko will be a
lab, too.  I learned a LOT!!

Was also blessed with the class notes for cheesemaking, something I'm
doing wrong somehow!  And class notes on an easy field pavillion, since
my dear husband attended that class.  Man, I'm dreaming already.......

Steppes' Guild meetings are the second Wednesdays, the fourth is open
sewing and bring your best problem.  All are welcome.

Gerita

DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
www.japanesechinrescue.org <http://www.japanesechinrescue.org/>
http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com
<http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com/>

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross