[Ansteorra-Textiles] question

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 09:07:53 PDT 2005

Linen thread can be found...but I do not remember where I got mine from.

But! If you can not find it, and you use cotton thread, then simply state in your documentation that although the thread would have been linen, that you were unable to find any and use cotton thread in its place. As a judge that would tell me that you know what was supposed to be done and why you did not do it.

your servant,
mahee

"Stephanie S Smith, Ph.D." <lambdakennels1 at juno.com> wrote:
A have a question for people who sew a lot and judge A&S stuff. If I
make a linen or wool garment and enter it into an A&S competition, what
type of sewing thread should I use to hold the pieces of fabric together?
I have not found wool or linen sewing thread. I have embroidery floss
that is linen or wool, but not sewing thread. Does it exist and where do
you get it? Or should I just use the highest quality cotton thread I can
find?

Stephanie Smith, Ph.D.
lambdakennels1 at juno.com
Wolfe City, Texas 75496
K5AMK
Owned by a Standard Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog