[Ansteorra-Textiles] question

Susan Tillery SuTillery at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 17:22:45 PDT 2005

Oh, and as I understand it, it is better to sew wool with wool and linen
with linen.  I have not sewn much with wool and that mostly
experimenting with my handspun with little real success.  I use cotton
thread mostly.  I want the sewing thread to be weaker than my fabric as
I would rather resew than patch.  I have heard that polyester and poly
core can saw though wool in time so a avoid those.  I have no experience
with competitions.  I avoid them like the plague (personal quirk).  I do
mostly hand sew my garb these days but that is because I like to hand
sew.  Most people are not that crazy and I doubt if a lot of the garb
even in competition is hand sewn.  Please, correct me if I am wrong.

AEla