[Ansteorra-Textiles] question

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 28 07:27:03 PDT 2005

At 09:08 AM 6/28/2005, you wrote:
Mistress Muriel used to hand sew whilst in the car,  she found it easier to
do than reading a book (which I understand since I get car sick easily).  I
know at Candlemas one of the garments had considerable hand sewing in it.

I think if you are doing a serious piece of costume it is better to handsew
it.  For one thing... hands are more agile than a sewing machine.

I just purchased a book on handsewing which is really interesting and I
haven't done it yet.  Some reenactment groups require your clothing to be
accurate and that includes handsewing as well.

Not that I will do it (LOL)

CLare