[Ansteorra-Textiles] intro

Carolle M. Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Fri Jun 9 06:07:27 PDT 2006

Greetings and welcome, Joanne!

I am Gerita della Mara, erstwhile knitter, sempstress, and pathetic student
of Sprang and other forms of textile-making.  I have here a beautiful
spinning wheel to learn to use some day, but alas, my life doesn't allow for
too much fun in one day.  Dog rescue is also my passion.  DFWCares, here in
Dallas and environs is one of my haunts, and I work with Japanese Chin dogs.
Special Education was one of the driving forces in my life until I was badly
hurt picking up a quadriplegic child.  So now I study and analyze crime.
Fascinating subject, but not as much as those children!

There are many opportunities to find and learn from other fiber workers in
Ansteorra.  Very soon, for example, there is King's College with several
classes available in interesting forms of fiberwork, including Sprang. I
encourage you to attend that event, if you can, and look for us - we're
usually toting a bag of some sort of fiber and working busily away whilst
listening to someone talk.

Ever in service,
Gerita della Mara

Japanese Chin Rescue and Care
Dallas Northwest Coordinator

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are added
to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)