[Ansteorra-Textiles] Sprang

Beth Ellis killian at awesomenet.net
Wed Mar 1 15:22:41 PST 2006

A really great book to get is "Sprang" by Peter Collingwood.  He includes
history as well as technique.  Among many other places and times, sprang
hair nets have been found dating to prehistoric  Northern Europe, and later
on, the the Egyptian Copts were doing  absolutely fantastic double layered
sprang that allowed them to use color interplay as well as thread
manipulation.  Collingwood addresses all that.  Cool book.
Corrinne