[Ansteorra-Textiles] question?

R Roe gipsywvr at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 11:27:33 PST 2006

I took the same class from Brynhildr, and loved it, but just couldn't quite make sense out of how to turn it in to anything. I agree that it wasn't Brynhildr's teaching, I understood the theory, I think I just needed to see more pieces made from it and in progress. (Brynhildr, BTW, is the one that taught me naalbinding at Candlemas, and it took no time at all.) I'd really love it if you did a beginner's class on sprang this KC.

  I'm mostly doing the basic stitch in naalbinding, I need to actually make a few pieces to get some idea how it works before I try the more complicated stitches. So far, I finished a bottle cover from that first start, and a pouch, and I have another pouch about half done. I side-tracked back to knitting for the moment, but I want to naalbind a hat next for my oldest daughter.

  Is there anyone out there who does traditional netting, the kind done with a shuttle, etc.? I'd like to at least learn the theory...

  Raisya

  Message: 3