[Ansteorra-Textiles] Tablet Weaving class at King's College

Carolle Ternus cternus at texas.net
Fri May 12 22:24:09 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm advertising a tablet weaving class at King's College.  This is for intermediate or advanced tablet weavers.  The class is Warp Twining Technique for Tablet Weaving.  I'll be helping Lady Sofia teach it, but it's her class.  If anyone is interested, you can contact me at cternus at texas.net or her at slymp96 at yahoo.com .

Radegund

Here's the class description:

 Warp Twining Technique for Tablet Weaving - Lady Sofia Vittori

  We will be making a card woven band, using warp twining with a one color warp to weave the word "Ansteorra." This technique enables you to create a textured design using a monochromatic warp. This class is designed for intermediate to advanced card weavers.

  Time: 55 minutes
  Class Limit: 5
  Fees: none
  Supplies:You will need to bring to class your pre-threaded cards, set up on a loom and ready to weave.
  Set up 40 cards as follows: All cards should be S-threaded. Your warp should be at least 5 feet long.
    a.. Cards 1-5 should be threaded with 4 black threads.
    b.. Cards 6-35 should be threaded with 4 yellow threads.
    c.. Cards 36-40 should be threaded with 4 black threads.