[Ansteorra-Textiles] new project

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 17:46:31 PDT 2006

Kestral did some testing on orchils, other lichens, and false indigo when she lived in Conroe.
Knowing her she probably still has the samples. The RF site is an excellent
one to collect orchils...you don't have to worry about depleating the area...

Lorraine

nweders at mail.utexas.edu wrote: It's been so quiet here I thought I'd let people know one of my new
projects and solicit help.

I've begun writing a guide for the SCA on plants in the area.  I will be
including a section on natural dyes.  It's not about garden plans but about
texas/oklahoma natives that can be used for dying.
If you'd like to send examples you've used I'd love it except please don't
say you got a great dye form the yellow plants by the roadside.

I also thought about asking you all where you get your materials from
...you know - where do you buy fleece, embroidery threads, yarn,
etc.  favorite books.  I'd like to develop the information and possibly
work on developing a web page for textile workers in our Kingdom

These are long term goals but something I would like to see happen.

Other than that what all are you doing?

Clare