[Ansteorra-Textiles] Introduction

Carolle M. Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Tue Feb 6 09:16:29 PST 2007

Welcome, Yelena!
It sounds as though you have a great start on textile work, and the support
of a House is always an extra plus.

My textile -um-hobbies include knitting and sewing.  I've dyed a bit of
yarn, but don't really have the space to do a good job of it.  This spring,
with luck, I'll plant some Flax.  I think the linen retting process may
annoy my neighbor, but things like that happen!  I've knitted several
medieval reconstructions like Eleanor de Toledo's stockings, and am happily
off trying to come up with a pattern for a fragment in a museum although
pattern-making is only something I do well in clothing construction.

Ask any questions you may have - someone here will surely chime in.

Gerita

Carolle Cox
Japanese Chin Rescue and Care Volunteer
Dallas North-west coordinator

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are added
to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)

This is a private message.  Not to be forwarded without separately requested
consent from Carolle Cox