[Ansteorra-Textiles] New Year Works.

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 6 12:12:40 PST 2007

At 01:43 PM 2/6/2007, you wrote:
>my Lady Clare
>
>what exactly herbs are you planting?  I've had some wool ruined by raiding
>moths and sachets sound wonderful.

Well, currently it's lavendar and rosemary.  I'm going to try to plant some
southernwood (which does well in my area) and then some mint (which died
from our freeze this year.)  I have to buy a few other things to go in
it.  It's actuallly a warm weather herb bed so it has multi uses.  I got
the idea when I visited some historical museums this past summer in Baton
Rouge.  They have a herb garden lined with wine bottles and I thought it
looked cool.

This is the mixture (from memory)
1 part mint
1 part rosemary
1 part southernwood (or wormwood or mugwort)
2 parts cedar shavings (like bedding for animals)
2 parts lavendar
1 part vertiver root

You can throw in other stuff - I've thrown in lemon balm when I had a
bumper crop and not enough mint.  As long as the mixture smells strong and
good.

Mix it together and add about 10 drops of a strong herb.  (I like lavendar,
rosemary and sometimes cedar oil).

I have a couple of other recipes friends have given me as well but I will
have to look them up.

Clare