[Ansteorra-Textiles] New Year Works.

vmarsh at twmarsh.net vmarsh at twmarsh.net
Tue Feb 6 10:21:35 PST 2007

Greetings,

I've taken up knitting and crocheting again. My apprentage', HL Genevieve, had her little daughter 7 weeks early, so I've been making up a few things for her, including a baby blanket, 3 sets of booties\socks, a baby sack, and hats (don't tell her about it yet!).
Also, I made a baby blanket and booties for a friend at work. I'm making a red riding hood/scarf on a Knifty Knitter out of Lion brand wool and I really like it.

I also knit one of two socks/house booties for me. I gotta finish that one, but it's on 5 needles and I have to pay attention to it.

I knit another hat and scarf as a tie-in to a book that I was reading for my library (I'm a librarian at an elementary school).I also knit myself a two-strand scarf with black, grey, and white eyelash yarn along with a black acrylic/wool blend (leftover from a shawl).

I have purchased several knitting and crocheting books and just got myself a copy of "The History of Hand Knitting" last night in the mail! Woohoo!!!!

I want to get a spinning wheel and have taught some of the GATE children a little bit about spinning wool and cotton. There's more, I'm sure, but I got to get back to work!

Xene