[Ansteorra-Textiles] news about projects

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 23 08:03:48 PDT 2007

Hi Guys!

I'm excited.  I work for a University in the Biological Sciences and one of
the professors was studying cotton plants (as well as some others) for one
of her plants.  She just gave me about 5 cotton plants for my feeble
attempt at a garden I'm doing this year.  I've tried growing some on my won
but they never sprouted. (even after I scarified the seeds).  i think they
were sterile seeds since they came from a hybrid plant.  These are your
plain old white cotton but I'm pretty excited.

i also may have a kumihimo loom available soon for someone who might like
it.  I need to see if I have all the parts.  Kimihimo is a form of cord
weaving done in Japan.  They make miles of it for lacing armor - obi ties
and generally cordage.  I may also have a tiny sampler loom as well.

Clare