[Ansteorra-Textiles] sheeps

Elizabeth Ellis weavedog91 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 23 15:13:55 PDT 2007

Or, in the immortal words of Zorro (The Gay Blade version):

  "Ships.  Ships....the ships in the field.  You know, the little Baa Baa Baa's".

  Corrinne

"Carolle M. Cox" <hpockets at verizon.net> wrote:

Unless you don't know it's a Latin word. Then folks use "symposiums" (and I
cringe). Uterus also should be uteri, but I almost never hear that form
used.

I use 'sheeps' sometimes because it was one plural that gave my kids fits
when they were toddlers. Dog is dogs. Cat is cats. So sheep should be
sheeps, after all, right? Or is it sheepses?

Gerita

Carolle Cox
Japanese Chin Rescue and Care Volunteer
Dallas North-west coordinator

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost. They are added
to the ages of other women. -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)

This is a private message. Not to be forwarded without separately requested
consent from Carolle Cox