[Ansteorra-Textiles] Introductory Post

sam cooper samatha.cooper at gmail.com
Thu May 31 06:26:46 PDT 2007

As the automatic enlister requests, this is my first post. I'm Si'le inghean
ui mac Aoidh (Sheila daughter of MacKay) from Loch Soilleir. Mostly I am
trying to knit useful items; I'm on my third attempt at a hat circa
1200-1400 of wool to keep my head warm at events especially sleeping in a
tent at night. I just purchased _The History of Hand-Knitting_, so any
suggestions on building my library, first or second hand documentation
resources, and for what objects might practically be in use during that time
by the Gaels of Ireland and Scotland would be very welcome.

I am eventually going to embroider trim with some silk given to me by a
friend, but my skills are not equal to that task.

Thanks,

Si'le