[Ansteorra-Textiles] Of interest to spinners.

Highly Unlikely highly_unlikely at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 12:30:54 PDT 2008

Greetings Clare,

   I prefer a blend in sachet form of lavender and pennyroyal. I've tried others herbal preparations and the were just too medicinal, although, I did like the pure spearmint. Sometimes I will add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the final rinse. A successful moth deterrent masks the smell of the protein fiber and fools the moths into believing that your wool not a fitting place to start the next generation of bugs. There is no need to rewash your wool, unless you just really enjoy it.

   To wash, I like Dawn and Palmolive green liquid detergent with a 1/4 cup of white vinegar to the final rinse.

Joellen

From: nweders at mail.utexas.eduTo: ansteorra-textiles at ansteorra.orgDate: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:57:25 -0500Subject: [Ansteorra-Textiles] Of interest to spinners.

I didn’t know how many spinners are out there.  I think these handouts would be good for instructors and for people who are interested in learning spinning.  I check back from time to time to see what is new

http://www.interweave.com/spin/default.asp

Also, what is everyone’s recipe for moth repellant for wool.  Every summer I try something new to see what works best.  Currently, I just haul it all out and re wash it, with a shampoo.  Speaking of which –what does everyone use to clean wool?

Clare