[Ansteorra-Textiles] Announcements and thoughts

lambdakennels1 at juno.com lambdakennels1 at juno.com
Mon Feb 16 04:32:54 PST 2009

I would like to see a class on Chinese embroidery.  HL Maggie MacPherson could teach it, if she will do so.  I would enjoy a fiber swap.  I am really glad King's College will be indoors this year!

Lady Stephanie Lilburn

-- "clternus" <clternus at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Hello all, I haven't responded to some of the questions recently asked due to computer difficulties, but I'd like to respond now. This list does not get much traffic, but we do get spikes, usually after some kind of fiber happening - a fiber college or a really good class at a King's College.  It's really up to Clare since she runs the list, but I like having a list for contacting a lot of fiber folks all at once and easily even if we don't talk a lot.  I say keep it. I'd like to make some announcements: CHT (Contemporary Handweavers of Texas) are holding their biennial conference here in Bjornsborg (San Antonio, TX) on Wed Mar 25 - Sun Mar 29.  I encourage everyone to check it out.  Even if you don't attend any workshops, there will be plenty of vendors to visit, and for that, you don't need to pay to get in.  The vendors are open all day Friday and Saturday and Sunday morning.  You can get more information at the following web site: http://www.contemporaryhandweaversoftexas.org/  .   I will warn you the website does have some problems, and some of the workshops are already filled, including my sprang workshop.  But I think it's still worth a trip.  I'll be doing some volunteer work on Sat and visiting the vendors. King's College.  Master Cynric is the chancellor (class organizer) for the King's College that is being held in Bjornsborg in June.  I've asked if I can organize a fiber track and been giving the go-ahead.  I have one tentative class, and I'm asking for more.  So, what kind of classes would people like to see? Also, I had an idea and wanted to get y'all's responses.  I was thinking of using the last hour of class time for a fiber swap meet.  Many of us have lots more fiber than we can spin, weave, knit, whatever or just want something new.  Others might be interested in buying or swapping. Let me know what you all think. Thanks,Radegund PS. 2 of the artisans chosen at Kingdom A&S to go to Gulf War are fiber artists - Lady Czina for her Hallstadt weaving and HL Hanna for her brocaded tablet woven belt.  Yay fiber!