Bards - Kingdom Bardic Weekend

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Thu Apr 27 22:58:47 PDT 2000

Robert Fitzmorgan said:
> The list has been quiet lately.  A few of us have been talking about
> orginizing a Bardic Weekend.  We were wanting to do something in the
central

Sorry I have been quiet on this list for the last couple of months.  I very
much realize now that I cannot be lumped in with the "people who have no
mundane life"! :)

A Bardic Weekend... I would love to see stages set up where bards,
musicians, duets, theatric groups, and jugglers could perform their art,
getting MORE than the average 3.5 minutes to do it in.  Let people sign up
for blocks of time on a stage, and let folk wander back and forth between
the stages.  Let them pick what they want to hear, maybe doing a little
merchant shopping in between stages.

This would be great if we could combine it with something else that would
draw people without competing for their attention.  (Hey, all bards love an
audience!)  Fighting is right out, but I was thinking food.  A hands-on
symposium on cooking feasts.  I've bounced the idea off a few of the
kingdom's cooks and they liked it.

It would be nice to have bardic classes, but I think they would interfere
with the dynamics, make the audiences too small.  Still, I'd love to have
one class there.  One on "How to Read Modern Sheet Music".  Anyone here have
any experience teaching this?  I could work something up myself, but I'd
love a experienced teacher...  Even if we don't have a Bardic Weekend, I'm
going to hold this class SOMEwhere, some day.

Ulf Gunnarsson
Sleepy Kingdom Bard...