Bards - New Bard hazing...

Lady Simone margiejr at sprintmail.com
Wed Feb 2 02:35:01 PST 2000

  Hold a bardic circle and trap them.

LOL some of us might really enjoy it

<SNIP>
For ongoing encouragement, give them a contest like "find a medieval song in
Latin that contains an otter."  Now they go off doing a bit of research and
learning a few new pieces. Or "write a sonnet like a Viking would have."

I like this Idea got to try it out at bardic

Most importantly, if someone creates a Really Good Piece, put your own P.R.
efforts behind it.  It encourages your bards, reflects well on your shire,
and entertains everyone.  They may clump together, but the whole clump will
fly off elsewhere if they do not have a comfy place to sit and something to
drink/nosh on.

feed and water the bards they keep growing and comming back in force.

>    Also, I would like to compile a series of articles about bardic styles.

I'll try to remember to post something about Norse skaldic style soon.  But
it's way past my bedtime and I am spending too much time hitting the
backspace key to fix my typos.

Can i get a copy too (Simone on her knees begging) PLEeeeeSSE

Simone