Bards - VIVAT to the Canton of Westgate

kyleena of the rom kyleena_of_the_rom at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:27:30 PST 2000

Greetings to the list again, from L. Kyleena of the Rom:

   Does anyone know in a nutshell whether or not harmony was used in singing
during the 15c-16c---esp. around eastern europe?  If so, what kind of
harmony? Can anyone site examples.  I suspect that there was much used in
Church music, and Madrigal music seems to have many interacting and
overlapping parts, but I'd like to find out more without having to get a
degree in the field.
   I'm thinking of composing a song as a sequel to my Gypsy vs Death story,
and I'd rather do it in the right style with harmony if possible.
   Any experts out there???