Bards - Ansteorran songs

Milly McCloskey millymcc at primenet.com
Wed Feb 16 15:21:28 PST 2000

Unto the Bards of Ansteorra come good greetings from Mistress Catriona
Macpherson.

I have been collecting songs of the SCA and am trying to locate the
following people to secure permission to use their songs:

Galen of Bristol or Genvieve McCullum du Caen; Chrystal Ariana MacRuari;
Nerak la Tiserande; Starhelm Warlocke; Stephan of Durham or Brendan
O'Corraidhe; Tadhg Liath of Duncairn; Telbyrne Morningstar and Tivar
Moondragon.

I am using the songs to present a social history of the SCA through its
songs. The filk songs, of course, lend themselves well to this end.

If anyone on the list can give me their email addresses or mundane names
and surface mail addresses, I would be in your debt.

So that you know I am a sincere person who doesn't go off on a tangent with
no results...I give you the names of two of my friends in Ansteorra who
will vouch for my sincerity and know me as an achiever, not a dreamer:
Their Graces, Duke Kein and Duchess Alisha who have known me from our days
in the East Kingdom and during the years that they have been in Ansteorra
and I in Atenveldt.

To the bards, I am still looking for other Ansteorran songs...I have a few
and if someone would like to coordinate with me, I will give you the names
of the songs I have and we can see if there are more I can add to the book.
When it is done, anyone can have a copy for the cost of Xeroxing and
postage. This is not a for profit project for me..I just don't want all
those songs lost or scattered around throughout the Knowne World and they
are an excellent way to preserve some of our history through songs.

For anyone who will provide me with information, I will be eternally in
your debt.

Mistress Catriona