Bards - Welcome

Maureen Faulkner ladydaungerous at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 09:43:00 PST 2000

I'm Maureen Faulkner from the Stargate Canton of Westgate (hi you Gate's Edgers out there!). I
thought I'd lurk and maybe learn something about the sub-sub-sub culture of bards in the SCA.

--- StephenMacthomas at aol.com wrote:
> Greetings unto the list from Stephen Macthomas:
>
> Robert Fitzmorgan writes ...
>
> > I see that we have a few people on the list now.  Why don't we
> > introduce ourselves?
>
> I am Stephen Macthomas, a novice bard hailing from the Canton of Gate's Edge.
>  I have been in the SCA and in Ansteorra for three years, and have long
> admired the bardic arts.  I would love to learn more songs and stories, but
> find myself limited by my lack of musical training (i.e. I can't sight-read
> music).  I'm looking forward to the discussions on this list and the chance
> to learn more.
>
> In your service,
> Stephen

=====
The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest, it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown.