Bards - Welcome

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Jan 3 16:14:02 PST 2000

Maureen Faulkner said

>I'm Maureen Faulkner from the Stargate Canton of Westgate (hi you Gate's Edgers out there!). I
>thought I'd lurk and maybe learn something about the sub-sub-sub culture of bards in the SCA.

Sub-sub-sub culture?  I thought we were THE culture in the SCA.  <grin>

I am Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain of House Mac an Ghabhann, current
Seneschal of the Canton of Loch Ruadh.  I've been in the SCA about eight
years, and first picked up my interest in period music in English pubs
during a tour of duty in England with the Air Force.  Pub singers there
perform songs that range from Medieval to modern, and though it takes a
bit of research to sort out what actually has a period source and what
comes from the 18th and 19th centuries, they are a great source of both
words and tunes.  I also have an unfortunate addiction to filk, the more
outrageous the better.

Padraig

--
May you live as long as you want, and love as long as you live.