Bards - A Very Old Tail (Tale?)

Derby, Bill bderby at Corio.com
Tue Jan 4 17:28:20 PST 2000

I was so glad to Their Excellencies, Simonn and Tessa on the list.

Since this is things bardic, sit back and I will avail myself of this
medium to share one of my favorite tales of Sir Simonn.

Many years past (MANY) I attended one of my first events (see, I told
you it was many years), was in the Shire of Greywood, which at that time
was pretty new.

One of the regulars at the Elfsea fighter practice was Ld. Guidion Barak
DuBois, one of Sir Simonn's squires.  Guidion was an interesting
gentleman, who made armor, fought in full plate.  Ask Sir Simon sometime
about how Guidion came to fight in full plate, as it is a most humorous
tale in of itself. As a side note, his lady was the Seneschal of Elfsea
prior to myself.

My mind wanders, sorry, back to the Battle of the Pines I in Greywood.

It was a wondorous day, glory and honor was upheld by all, and it got
even better as the day progressed into evening, and, evenig into night.

Now the feast as I recall was better than most (12th night Steppes, cold
fowl......really fowl.....) but nothing really remains in my mind.  What
was the highlight of the evening was the spectacular bonfire.  It was a
glorious fire, well controlled, putting out heat in nice quantities.

As I strolled along, enjoying the evening, nursing my bruises, I was
introduced to Sir Simonn.  I told him that his squire Guidion bid me to
seek him out and convey his apologies for not being able to make it to
the event and so forth.

Sir Simonn and I had a nice visit and I wandered along, minding my own
business (which at the time was insuring my cup was full and my body was
warm).  I stopped and was admiring the fire, when out of nowhere I was
goosed.

Spilling my drink I turned rapidly around in circles, and the only human
within any kind of distance was Sir Simonn.

I asked, "Sir Simonn, did you just goose me?"

Sir Simonn, almost falling to the ground in hysterical laughter said
"You should have seen yourself William - it was great!!!!"

I asked "Sir Simonn, is there something about you that Guidion forgot to
tell me?"

and Simonn responded "Well William, if you goose just the gentleman, you
know what they will say about you, if you goose just the Ladies, then
you are just being lecherous, but, if you goose them both - then nobody
knows what to think!"