Bards - Competitions

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Wed Jan 12 23:43:47 PST 2000

Lord Robert
I agree with you about documentation in bardic competitions. I also think
it is nice to have judges that how what we are doing. For example if I do
a sonnet I don't want to have to write a four page paper showing sonnets
are period. I want a judge who knows what a sonnet is and preferably one
who knows the differences between a good one and a bad one.

 On the other hand A&S faires are for the promotion of historical
research and good documentation increases our common knowledge. It is
equally important for the artist to explain his methods as to display his
work. All artist in an A&S are expected to do this. This goes for the
static and well as the performing.  A&S events give an outlet for those
arts that are not going to please the audience around the fire. It also
give an outlet for the scholar who is not a performer. There should be a
place for all of us in this kingdom.
Performing is Living
Willow de Wisp