Bards - Bards ~ Emotion?

Lee enaz at ih2000.net
Sat Jan 15 11:41:06 PST 2000

Hail to the bard net,
in particularly to Your Grace Willow,
Tessa here...
	(It's plausible fou us to think that when you sign-on-off, the
first-name 'Willow,' you are thinking your mundane modern name;  when
some of us think 'Willow,' it is of your most marvelous persona, and
thus we choose to pay high regard. Please do no think that respectful
forms of address by e-mail are meant that readers presume that you
personally would "be" stuffy in e-mail;
rather, the opposite is true;
we rather "give" high regard to you.
For example, in my eyes, you are the all-time royalty matriarch of all
bards of all history of all Ansteorra springing from Atenveldt, and as
the first Ansteorran Queen, who instituted the Queen's Bards, are to
always be honored, at events and beyond.
	None the less, thank you for the casual freedom you offer here to
newbies or to nervous bards in these scribe engine discussions, whereby
Your Grace sets others at ease.)
	Thinking back to some of the earliest (23 years ago) bardic "circles" I
witnessed, most all the event attendees maybe sat on the floor in a
circle in a hall after feast, or stood under a pavillion in the rain, or
gathered around a campfire, and "passed" the rock or tankard (of "Coke,
please") or a jewel, around the loop; each person had the option to be
vocal, or pass, to the next person who would re-tell a tale, verse, war
story or sing, to relate history (either real or imagined).
A contrast to today's Bardic Champion selections, but "butterflies" were
in the stomach. Aside from some nervousness, the events and pure history
of the world (or of the SCA) were stirring!
	I'll be the first to say I am not "a" bard; rather, an encourager of
bards.  As a judge on several occassions, having not a thorough
knowledge of period peices or styles, I have voted on whether their
performance offered a vicarious experience;  the stirring of emotion I
experienced with the competetors' renditions swayed the vote. Love, joy,
fierceness, pride, honor, woe, fear, tears, solitude, hilariousness,
hunger for more history... any of countless emotions.
	Here I'll ask:
Which emotion do bards personally thrill at performing?
Or writing about?
	Fond and respectful regards,
	Tessa
..who would much rather have been supporting Crown and Kingdom
*at* Coronation today; not feeling well, at home...