Bards - Pied Piper

kyleena of the rom kyleena_of_the_rom at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 02:46:40 PST 2000

Greetings Katitcha from L. Kyleena of the Rom,
    Concerning your request for information on the Pied Piper of Hamelin.
As previously reported, is is by Robert Browning, but I have found an on
line copy of it complete with Illustrations by Kate Greenway.
    My apologies for not being able to just give you the on line address,
but I am still new enough to the web to not have learned how to be
efficient, so do as I did to get there. First, for my research engine, I
called up <Dogpile>.  Then for search subject I entered <Pied Piper of
Hamlin> (I know this is mispelled, but it worked anyway-twice).
   Now Dogpile will go through several other search engines (I hope I'm
using the right words here.) and will give you the results of it's quest.
The first two sites that it lists will say that zero matches were found. I
believe that the 3rd one (<GoTo.com>) will say that it found ten
matches--the third of which will be the entire text of the book, with
illustrations, all at your fingertips.  I did not check out the rest of the
sites listed, but one of them implied a possible historical reference site
for the book....
    My curiosity satisfied, I did not electronically quest forward to seek
out The Brothers Grimm's Hansel and Grettel....Happy hunting.
   Further more, running a search at Amazon.com is a great way to get all
the statistics on existing books so that you can look them up in your local
library.  With the basic name and title, you can often phone your library
and ask them to pull the book for you, or you can electronically access you
public/college libraries on line. (I've got the proceedures written down,
but you can call your local library and ask them for an address if a search
doesn't produce one.
   That's enough for now, I've got merchandise to finish before I sleep
tonight, but thank you for the challenge on the Pied Piper.
                       Until our paths cross again-take care,
                              Lady Kyleena of the Rom.