Bards - Re: ANST - mistake in bardic charter

kyleena of the rom kyleena_of_the_rom at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:13:43 PST 2000

Greetings to our Premier Bard, from Lady Kyleena of the Rom,

   I am greatly looking forward to attending your classes at Bards and Arts.
  Indeed there are going to be so many quality classes there, that I may
have to bring my cassette player to help me attend them all, myself.  At any
rate, my question conserns this "typo" of contention in the Bardic College's
charter.

   Exactly what does this "aid" or "lack of aid"  for competitions entail?
Does the College already have a list of recommended guidelines for different
levels of Bardic competition?  Certainly there must be one, at least, for
Kingdom level.  Word of mouth is our way, and this bard list has been a
spectacular addition to our resources. (Never before, have I been on a list
that I looked forward to hearing from.)  BUT not everyone is on line, and
particularly in the Western Region, it is difficult to have a mentor at
hand....  When an incipient shire starts, what is available for their bards?
  What do we provide?
    I am, by nature of my being, a collector of information.  Like a
battery, I hold what I've accumulated until it is needed elsewhere -and I am
but one person. Hence, the Bardic College should be as a dynamo.  Politics
and ramifications aside,to use its resources to provide basic RECOMMENDED
guidelines, reading lists, and an access list of addresses (on and off line)
would be invaluable to anyone who wished to effectively develope bardic
skills.
   If any of these things are already available, I would love to know where
to find them, and I will pass them on and on and on.
   Now I will apologize for probably stating a great many
redundancies-"preaching to the choir" so to speak. I am but a poor Gypsy
merchant and am not privy to many things of greatness (until recently this
even included the access to the internet). I have been in the society since
1982, and I have heard of the college, but alas that is all.  What has this
organization provided in the past, and how is it meant to be used by the
individual?  How do I access it's resources (with and without a computer)?
   I guess,in summation,the charter states generalities. I would like to be
able to share with those I meet in my journeys more specifics about all that
I've referred to above. What can I pass on to them from and about the Bardic
College?

                             Respectfully Yours,
                            L. Kyleena of the Rom
                       <kyleena_of_the_rom at hotmail.com>