Bards - having influence.

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Sun Jan 30 18:30:59 PST 2000

That posting about making someone famous is great advice. I would add
something to it. Everyday young fighters start fighting and within that
group some of them will be the Crown, knights and supporters of Crowns of
the future generation. The time to influence them is in the beginning. I
don't know how many time I have talked to new kings and queens and they
have told me how something I said in a story 10 years ago effected their
behavior. Of course we want to have generosity to performers but we can
also influence them in the style of their future Court. (When I say Court
I mean the period concept of Court. The people and happenings around the
noble.) It is important to show future nobles the kind of behavior we
want to see.  Telling stories about good Kings and Queens and nobles of
all kinds we set a pattern. Of course this is very period.

I would like to go into what I think is good behavior in a noble.
1. I would like to see good government. By that I mean they get the jobs
done without making people mad and without disturbing the party.
2. I would like the kingdom to be entertaining.
3. I would like the Crown to be fair.
I understand that each one of us have different ideas of a good king or
queen but if many of us show our opinions we will get a balance.
 Willow de Wisp

Willow de Wisp