Bards - Competitions

Ray Smith rayasmith at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 15:46:24 PST 2000

--- Marlin Stout <ldcharls at swbell.net> wrote:
> I'm curious about what the bards of this Kingdom
> think about
> competitions.

Personally if I were to enter a bardic competition, I
would feel better if the focus were on presentation
and style - the piece should at least have a period
"feel" even if it's not technically documentable.
However, there may be call (esp. at collegiums or
advanced A&S-type competitions) when the
documentability may be important.  Just one
quasi-bard's opinion.
Andre de Chartre

=====
"Everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world."