Bards - Lyric Assistance needed

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Mon Jul 24 13:20:37 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/24/00 2:49:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
folksinger at pdq.net writes:

> The following is from a friend of mine in Trimaris - Is there any
assistance
>  we can give?
>
>  Most sincerely yours
>  Mirella
>
>  Folksinger at pdq.net
>

>  Good gentles,
>
>  There is a song about a young man becoming a mercenary? soldier? The
chorus
>  involves.......
>
>  Now I've got a horse
>  a fine Andalus (sp?) stallion,
>  and a clever wrought hauberk from over the sea.
>
>  I've been looking for the whole song for some time now. Would any gentle
who

>  knows this song (or where to find it) please send such information along
>  me?

That is from a song by Duke Conn MacNeil (sp?) formerly of Calontier but I
believe he currently resides in the Middle kingdom.  I have it on a recording
he relesed but can't post the lyrics because of copyrite concerns.  You might
try posting to the Calontier list or the minstrel list and see if it is
available in an onlie song book or if anyine can put you intouch with Duke
Conn.  If you can find the tape get it as Conn is wone of the finest bards in
the Society.

Robert Fitzmorgan