Bards - Update and Request from Help From the College of Bards

Margaret Risher Ldy_Simone at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 1 13:31:42 PDT 2000

Greetings Ansteorra

I am the Lady Simone Maurian UI'Dunlainghe information coordinator for the Ansteorran Bardic College and this is the Bi-Aannual Update on College activities.

Fist I would Like to thank The Canton of Westgate For Sponcering the  Bardic Colligium earlier this year. It was a wonderful event, very education and a good time had by all.  I would also Like to thank the other groups that have held Bardic events and activities over this last  6 months. They have been a welcomed support to Bardcraft in our kingdom.

I do Need to apologize for the delay in the relesedate for the new Bardic Resorce Site  I seriouslu underestemated the ime it would take to go through all the submissions and gater permissions to posts for all the works we have gathered over the last year.

We still are looking to find out who we need to contact for  "a permission to post" for the works of  Vashti Of the Flamming tresses. or  Master Black Fox any inofrmation here would be very helpful

Lady Fairfax from Midrellm Is still activly providing documentation to  music sorces we have recived. and is working on helping us get pic files of Publick Domaine Broadsheets

The  National Museum Of Scottland, and the Universety of Berkly have graciously extended our permission to post primary documentation phots and translationsus for use on the new site. As well The University of Limerick has pointed us to  much in the way of Public Domain material that can be utilized by us.

We are adding several New areas to the New site which should be in it's bata Production by the end of the year.  these are some inetekingdom areas to the site, and more indepth documentation resorces for all perfoming arts.

The Bardic Fire Site has become a well used site by bards not only in our kingdom, but also by bards accross the known world. we have recived seveal submmissions from as far away as Moscoww in the last 6 months.

For those who are interested. the Bardicfire started out as a resorce site for the bards in Our kingdom to work as an information exchance between bards and those interested in the bardic arts.  With the dream that it may grow into a resorce for all performing artists. Thanks tothe help of so may people that dream is becoming a reality. We still need more help in the way of submmissions and editors to complete this project.  To date we have gatered  for the librarys over 3000 peices of vocal work, 600 peopms and 100 stories. we are still in need of instramental music, Middleeastern Drumm rythums,Theatrical prose, Jestering Materials, Riddles and Puns. along with documentation to go with them. We are taking submissions for all these areas including songs stories and poems.

We are also taking  documentation submission. educational submissions and real world and History submission.

This has Been a busy 6 months setting the framework for the site. We are Querring all bards in this kingdom and abroud for help with the interkingdom sections of the site. Bellow is a copy of the request sent out to the Oher Bardic Colleges in the known world asking for assistance with this project. which has been met with amazing positivite responce

Lady Simone

I am the Lady Simone Maurian UI'Dunlainghe information coordinator for the Ansteorran Bardic College. We are currently in the middle of remodeling our Bardic Resources  web site. And instead of just having a resource site for Ansteorra we chose to make it a resource site for all kingdoms. I am writing in the hopes that You may be able to assist us with getting the word out to the bards of your kingdom. and possibly with information.

we are building the frame work on the new site for  several interkingdom areas to be available to the public.

Area 1. an event calendar covering Bardic events and completions across the known world. along with the locations of regularly scheduled Bardic meetings

Area 2.  A Bardic Gallery divided into kingdom sections the front page being information on that kingdoms college with links to pages about the various bards in there kingdom. each bards page we would like to have an sca biography of there persona. photo of the bard if possible so other bards may recognize them. copies of there works to showcase and a copy of a consent to publish should they want there works included in an interkingdom Bardic book

Area 3. Kingdom Histories A section devoted to the histories of the kingdoms and groups thought the known world. histories of the various wars. these histories can be a valuable too for new up and coming bards to compose new pieces about our societies rich history. as well as preserve that history

Area 4. The Bardic hall a place for bards to post documentation, teaching material, and articles of interest to the Bardic arts.

This is a large scope project we have been working on for a while. we would like the preliminary information if possible and if you are willing to assist by September 15th so that your kingdom can be well represented on the new site when it goes public at the end of the year. Should your college wish to be represented on the site

In Loving service to the Bardic Community

Lady Simone Maurian Ui'Dunlainghe
Information Coordinator; Ansteorran College of Bards