Bards - fun places

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Fri Jun 2 16:39:21 PDT 2000

Willow my fellow bards
I am just back from one of my local bardic gatherings. It is a very
special place. It is Lord Tarkus' s back yard.  Lord Tarkus's house is
great. It is medieval atmosphere all by itself. It would be worth going
to Ft. Worth just to see his house. Second it is the nicest bardic circle
that I have every be at. It is not forced or contrived. Everything moves
naturally. Old performers , new performers and non-performer all
interact.  He has an interesting twist to the candle, take turns, bardic
circle format. People can perform when their turn comes or they can state
their name and ask someone else to perform. It is a great thrill when
someone ask you for a piece. Also the drummers and dancers come and
perform. I like that. If any of you are in the Elfsea area on the first
Thursday of the month be sure to come to Tarkus's. Someone asked me why
the Elfsea bardic is so strong. I believe that special atmosphere of
Tarkus's has a lot to do with it.