Bards - Bardic Project at NRW

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Sun Jun 11 19:07:24 PDT 2000

HI
    I've been talking with others lately about finding more interesting
things to do bardicly than the usually competition and bardic circle.  I
don't know how many people remember the Interkingdom Bardic Projects, but we
would pick an interesting theme and have some of the top bards in two
kingdoms write new pieces on that these to present at the Interkingdom Peace
with Calontier.  I would like to do something like that again at Northern
Regional Warlord the first weekend in August.  I have a theme in mind, but am
open to other suggestions.
    My thought was to do the first Crusade.  Someone does the call to arms.
Someone else does a piece about the journey to the holy land, others do
various battles, the capture of Jerusalem, tha aftermath of the war, the
return home, etc..
    What do you think?  Anyone have another theme that they prefer?

Robert Fitzmorgan
Northern Regional Bard.