Bards - War song - better late than never

PUBEAR pubear at ev1.net
Sun Jun 25 13:29:32 PDT 2000

At steppes warlord, after I found out that a tornado had touched down 5 or
10 miles away and "ran" away from us.  It occurred to my cracked little
mind, that it was actually running from the might of the Ansteorran Shield
Wall.  After I sang for the queen at kings college, and she gave me praise,
it became a "war" song.  After all, if we can survive steppes warlord and
chase off a tornado, what chance does Trimaris really have?

Oh I believe that the Elfsea bards will like the next to the last paragraph,
because this also turned into a miniature telling of the story of the event,
including a mention of the Elfsea bardic shield wall.

One note to those that care, though I slapped it around in my head for a few
weeks, except for the chorus and the first two stanzas, the song was written
in a rush in 2 1/2 hours.  Sometimes they just want to come out.  I hope you
like it.

The Shield Wall of Ansteorra
By Pebyr AP Cucorin
AKA David Seguin

Gather up,
All you love,
Quickly rush it to the hall,
The hand of god is on us and it's raised against us all,

The list field's,
Been shattered,
And the Hammer has come down,
The storm god has a grievance and his army's come to town,

So we fled,
To the hall,
>From the wailing voice of hell,
Warning of the winds that would leave no tale to tell,

Chorus:  But the wind of the gods was seen fleeing to the north,
    From the shield wall of Ansteorra,
    All you kings of the world you will learn to taste the fear,
    Of the Shield wall of Ansteorra,

In the hall,
The queen,
The king in all his might,
Kayleigh and Alaric were calling for a fight,

"You heavy,
 You archers,
 Swashbucklers fighting light,
 If the storm god wants a beating we'll give him hell tonight,"

"So gather,
 Your armor,
 And the weapons that you wield,
 Tonight the Ansteorran army takes the field,

Chorus:  The wind of the gods was seen fleeing to the north,
    From the shield wall of Ansteorra,
    All you kings of the world you will learn to taste the fear,
    Of the Shield wall of Ansteorra,

The heavy,
The archers,
Light fighters on the right,
The King is in the center, the queen is on the right,

The fighting,
Was valiant,
Our shield wall held the line,
And the minions of the Storm god were ground beneath their stride,

The storm god,
His army,
Was seen fleeing to the sky,
As the Ansteorran shield wall cheered the coming light,

Chorus:  The wind of the gods was seen fleeing to the north,
    From the shield wall of Ansteorra,
    All you kings of the world you will learn to taste the fear,
    Of the Shield wall of Ansteorra,

The morning,
The sunshine,
Our navy saved the day,
The Longship crew was valiant and fed our starving  state,

Still Later,
The bardic,
Proved to me our might,
When the Elfsea Bardic Shield wall cast a spell that night,

So Remember,
My story,
When your hopes for life are small,
The Ansteorran shield wall will come to save us all,

Chorus:  The wind of the gods was seen fleeing to the north,
    From the shield wall of Ansteorra,
    All you kings of the world you will learn to taste the fear,
    Of the Shield wall of Ansteorra,

Chorus:  The wind of the gods was seen fleeing to the north,
    From the shield wall of Ansteorra,