Bards - from- French Song from "Lion in Winter" to 12th Nite

Lilas MacGuffin leighscott at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 21:26:28 PST 2000

>recently asked if I could find the words to the intro song of the movie
>TWELTH NIGHT.  He says that they are sung by a jester. I grabbed up my
>Shakespear and found them not....Does anyone else know??

There is no intro song to Twelfth Night in the original Shakespeare. The
first line of the first scene is Orsino's famous "If music be the food of
love, play on." Feste doesn't even enter the play until Act 1, Scene 5. If
you are referring to the most recent version of the movie, I think I
remember a song being ADDED to the beginning. If he wants the words, I think
he'll have to transcribe them from the video itself, or find a copy of the
MOVIE script.

Hope I've been of help!
~Lilas