Bards - Sponsored Bardic Competition

Lady Simone lady_simone at code-works.com
Mon Sep 4 21:22:17 PDT 2000

As Ivo stated earlier this is an academic debate not a peronal attack no
offence is ment. in my experiance debate is an excelent way to look at all
sides of an issue when used as a tool not a slege hammer. Ivo is excellent
at making me think out my point of view and for that i am always greatful.
and as usual Ivo  you are a gentleman and a schoolar.

It has been my experiance if you promote the bardic at a strong combative
event you normaly get a fair draw. how do we get non-combatant and cobatat
bards at these events as well as the new ones ...you promote them. you make
it the thing to do and place to be.

I suggest if were going to sponcer new bards in a competition we older bards
should take it a step further out side of the competion and help encourge
them in our craft. have them walk the fires with us to entertain the
populace,  encourage them to perform in all venues at all types of events
not just competions. the more we have bards  out in the feild ie walking the
fires, sining around the listfield, performing in the slow times at courts
and feasts

the more we promote the bardic arts with the new bards and withing the
bardic circle the more we can promote them at smaller gatherings and events.
but if we do not promote them and drum up intrest you are correct they will
not have the draw we would be looking for.   In my opinion is is our duty as
bards to promote the circles and competions not just hope folks will be
interested.

Lady Simone

---there is a principle which is a bar against all information,
which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail
to keep  man in everlasting ignorance--
That principle is contempt prior to  investigation
                                        -----Herbert Spencer