Bards - Sponsored Bardic Competition

Ivo Blackhawk ivo_blackhawk at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 4 21:59:09 PDT 2000

While I do not agree with your statements in their entirety, the
amount of disagreement at this point is trivial, and to that end I will say
that you and I have now met eye to eye on this issue as in all ways that
count, agree on how it should be handled.

So, the issues is advertisement. Well, there is always the usual, the Black
Star and lots of word of mouth, these are always good and should be the
staple of any notification campaign. But,perhaps there can be another option
to augment and even magnify any efforts on our part.

What if we were to draft hand written letters (or at least very nicely done
printed) to each barony, shire and college for their leadership to read
during the general business meetings. A little too much, maybe?  But perhaps
the flowery fanfare that we has bards can attack to even the
simplest of messages can be put to use in this way. If we got enough bards
(and scribes if need be) the task my be as simple as one or two letters per
person. In the ends, our words can herald the coming of the event with all
the glory, pomp and circumstance that these normally informal events
sometime need.  I think that it is high time that we as bards take it upon
ourselves to use our skills to not only perform, but promote out profession
and trade craft.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk

–Mind like Parachute, only useful when open– Charlie Chan