Bards - The North.

Ivo Blackhawk ivo_blackhawk at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 18:47:31 PDT 2001

To the north of the fair land of Ansteorra, I do bid you all greetings.

I do thank all of the bards for the kind words of praise, and I thank
everyone for the effort that was put into Northern Regional Warlord, it was
an event worthy of the trip, and the fighting was worthy of the people who
traveled there to join in it.

This has been, in a subtle way, and exceptional event for me. I was reminded
of why I first joined the SCA in many respects, and am now reminded of why I
can never truly go back to the simple state of awe I had as a new comber,
but must now move on to contribute in creating to that mind set so that
others, new or veteran, can see even more glimpses of what we call the
dream.

I am now the Northern Regional Bard, the bardic champion of the region that
I am a good deal of my friends call home. My scroll tells me that I must
help muster the bards of the north in preparation for Gulf Wars. Weather or
not I am a great, or even good bard is for the crowds to judge, I will
preform for the pleasure of the masses so long as they will hear my tales.
But as a titled bard, I will now strive to be a great leader.

To all the bards of the north, I will begin an Ernest quest to meet as many
of you as I can, by events, by revels and by general meetings. I will visit
every group in the norther region by Christmas in the hopes of meeting all
the bards that are out there, this is my promise to you, the bards and
people of the north.

Also, starting now, as a champion who's responsibility is to the people of
the north, I will talk with any bard who would seek time with me. If any of
the contact points below are active, then I may be spoke to, night or day,
rain or shine. Be it only to say hello, or to debate the very nature of
bardic, I invite one and ALL to seek me out directly for an exchange. I am
new to many aspects of this, and lacking in some fields, but I have a good
deal of time to rectify my shortcomings. I am going to inquire into some
information in the next few weeks, then, after a months time I will post to
the list some other plans that I am formulating. By God, I will set forth to
call up the bards of the northern region that the best may be pitted against
the might of our enemy.

I thank you one and all, again for this chance to serve the Norther Region
and help contribute to the dream.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Northern Regional Bard
"God Save the King!"