[Bards] An Idea

gemartt at mail.utexas.edu gemartt at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Aug 4 07:57:28 PDT 2001

Brothers & Sisters,

I wish to commend Robert Fitzmorgan for an excellent idea!  Anything we can
do to promote the art of poetry is a worthy effort, in my
opinion.   Publishing some poetic guidelines could be very helpful, not
only to our members, to anyone interested in this art.  We could also
include a list of links for more information.   I'm sure we could find
poets (on & off this list) would also be glad to contribute to this project.

Constructive criticism can certainly be another way of helping an artist
grow.  However I would also add that "learning how to give constructive
criticism" should also be a topic for consideration.  Constructive
criticism is not the same thing as saying whether one likes a poem, or
not.  It is a carefully considered response - designed to help the artist -
and hopefully to encourage them.

                                 Myself as Witness,

                                 Thomas of Tenby