[Bards] courtesy

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Wed Dec 26 17:32:03 PST 2001

In a message dated 12/26/01 11:20:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jonwillowpel at juno.com writes:

> I have a question. What about good filk or trope that was written not by
> a SCAer but someone like Kipling or Tennyson? What do we think about
> that?
>
> Yours
> Willow de Wisp

       I rarely do filk for contests, though Ivar's 'The warrior's weird"
seems to be acceptable.  My rule of thumb is that if it adds to the
atmosphere of the event it's acceptable but if it jars with the atmosphere
then it's not.  I find much of Kippling's stuff to be very acceptable.

Robert