Bards - Kingdom Bard

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Sun Jan 7 18:10:27 PST 2001

elvenwolf at geotec.net writes:

> OK, I've been waiting patiently for news. So who is the new Kingdom Bard?
>
> Bella
    We had a wonderful competition with 16 bards entered.  It was without
doubt one of the most enjoyable competitions I've ever been a part of.  I
can't recall a group of bards that were so enthusiastic about the successes
of their competitors and so supportive of one another.  The performances were
of the highest quality.  To paraphrase Master Robin, I would put the
performances that LOST up against any bards anywhere.  It was wonderful.  If
there is anything better than being a bard in Ansteorra I don't know what it
would be.
    Excuse me if I mangle any names.  The final round was between Ian
MacFergus, Giovanni de Cellini and Elenore Fairchild.  The new Kingdom Bard
of Ansteorra is Elenore Fairchild.  I believe she is from Stargate.  Her
performances were stunningly beautiful as is the lady herself.  She plays the
harp and sings with exquisite skill.  The last piece she did was one of the
Lays of Marie D' France called the Nightingale.  It was one of the best
performances I've ever witnessed.
    As good as she is it was no easy win.  There were no bad performances,
and a great many great performances.  Elenore O'Rourak was excellent as
always.  Darius of the Bells was in top form.  I had seen Ian MacFergus
before but this was the first time I had the opportunity to hear him at
length.  I am very impressed.  Gio was in execellent form doing severel
peices very well.  This was the first time I had the pleasure of hearing
Morgianna (I'm sure I have that name wrong,  She is the current bard of
Elfsea) She is just so so good.  It is so much fun to watch her take command
of a stage, especially when she is telling a story.  I also had the great
pleasure to here for the first time a bard named Uriah.  (Not Wolfstar's
Uriah, a different one).  He was very into persona with both his choice of
material and his presentation.  He was a lot of fun to watch.  Philip White
did a wide verity of material, all in persona and all very well done.  Anawyn
de Bardolph did 2 songs and a poem.  She wrote them all herself and performed
them quite well. Antiginus almost made it to the finals and I was fully
expecting him to be there right to the end.  He just gets better and better
each time I see him.
    I know I'm leaving people out,  and I don't mean that to be a slight to
anyone.  Everyone there is deserving of  word fame.  But most of the
competition I was focused on my own upcoming performances.  Besides I could
go on all night and not adequately praise the performers I heard this weekend.

Robert Fitzmorgan