[Bards] Information for Newcomer

Denise dgarvey at ualberta.ca
Tue Jul 10 15:29:22 PDT 2001

I have recently moved to the Barony of Brynn Gwlad from the North Eastern
reaches of An Tir.  As my songbooks slowly emerge from the riot of boxes
strew about the apartment, I begin to wonder what kind of music is typical
here...

Back home in An Tir we often would reference a book called the Elf Hill
Times Songbook, or would look for old folk songs (or old-sounding folk
songs).  There was some effort to document music, but not much of what was
typically performed could actually be dated to period.

Can anyone offer suggestions on what type of music is most appreciated
here?  I realise that this may be difficult in this medium, but any
assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Audette